Littleton Colorado History
Littleton, Colorado, is located in the South Denver subway area and has a rich history dating back to the gold rush era. The city is located at the intersection of Interstate 25 and Colorado Boulevard, south of Denver International Airport. With more than 1.5 million inhabitants, it is the second largest city in Colorado and one of only two cities in Denver County with more than 100,000 inhabitants.
The eastern part of the county is mainly made up of Littleton, Denver and parts of Aurora, Boulder, Fort Collins, Pueblo and Denver. Most residents live in the Denver metro area, with a population of about 1.5 million. It is in Denver County, which is also acceptable, but shares a border with neighboring Weld, Douglas, Larimer and Weld counties.
Littleton is named after its founders Richard and Angeline Little, who came to the area after the 1859 Pike's Peak gold rush.
The second investment was to support the company's growing success in Colorado and Utah. On October 11, 1861, Bradford and Middaugh were licensed to advertise and own a company known as the Santa Fe Railway Company, the first railway company in the state of Colorado and the second in New Mexico. It served Atchison, Topeka and Santafe as well as Rio Grande City, Fort Collins, Denver and Fort Worth. A new station at the intersection of Littleton Boulevard and Colorado Avenue was built in 1864 to accommodate the arrival of the third line of the San Francisco - San Diego Railroad. The last train ran on December 1, 1867, after the first SantaFe line had reached Littleton a year earlier.
In 1918, the building was bought by the Columbine Mercantile Company, which soon became the Columbines Mercanting Company. William Larimer Jr. founded the Littleton Public Library, now the University of Colorado School of Public Health and Human Services.
Of course, the link to Littleton's history consists of two separate events: the discovery of gold in 1849 and the founding of the Columbine Mercantile Company. Although Colorado was sparsely populated at the time, the plans were based on the idea of mining for gold, silver, copper and other minerals in the area. Partnering with her was a great opportunity to make the long journey to the West, as well as an opportunity for a better life for the two men.
The Coors Building was declared a historic landmark by the city of Littleton in 1993, and the same year that Sue Carbaugh bought the building, the structure was renovated to restore its original splendor. This historic landmark, located in 2505 W. Alamo, was built with the characteristic rhyolite features of Castle Rock. The Denver and Rio Grande railroads were the first to ever run through Litleton, and their depot is one of the last remaining 19th-century stone deposits in Colorado.
Aurora is also home to the Colorado Freedom Memorial, which was completed in 2013 and is dedicated to all Colorado's deceased military veterans. The lodge is named after John F. Aurora, a lawyer who moved to Colorado in the 1860s and became Grand Master of the Masons in Colorado two years later.
The excavation of the Colombian mammoth skull was led by Dr. John Dixon, professor of anthropology at the University of Colorado at Boulder. He volunteered to lead the project, which compiled a list of more than 1,000 fossils from Colorado's fossil record, and volunteered for the Colorado Museum of Natural History in Denver, Colorado State University, and Denver Zoo.
Part of Palmer's plan was to build Bradford Road, the first public park in Littleton's history, which was successfully operated for seven years, according to the Colorado Museum of Natural History.
After Kansas was incorporated into the Union in 1861, Arapahoe County was downsized and named after it, and Littleton was incorporated in 1890 with a population of 245. This brought more residents to the city, but it was ended in 1974 when the Poundstone Amendment of the Denver Constitution froze boundaries.
The Littleton Police Department began a K-9 program with the purchase of two Belgian Malinois, and the groundbreaking ceremony for a building designed by Harry G. Thomas of Englewood, Colorado. Littletons celebrated the completion of the beautifully restored Arapahoe County Courthouse, the first courthouse of its kind in Colorado, on May 1, 2010. He surveyed an area several miles south of Denver and fell in love with what is now Littleton. She explored the area several miles north of Denver and fell in love with a place near what is now Littleon.
Arapahoe County stretches east of the highlands to the southern edge of Denver and covers about 3,000 square miles, with Littleton in the middle.
One of the oldest counties in the state, it borders Arapahoe County, Denver and Adams County to the north. A landmark in Littleton's history was in 1902, when the old "Arapahoe County," which dates back to before the Colorado Territory, was divided. The state legislature divided "old" ARapahoes County into two separate counties, one for the city of Colorado Springs and the other for Denver, and divided it into three counties: A, B, C and D.